Scoliosis: Shiatsu ( Acupressure) and Trigger Points Therapy for Scoliosis Treatment
Scoliosis is a condition caused by abnormal side-to-side or front-to-back curvature of spine.
They are classified by reason and age group in which it occurs.
The most common type of scoliosis is idiopathic :
occurs from birth to 3 years of age. Abnormal curvature occurs to the left and most often seen in boys. Usually it resolves with age.
occurs in age group from 3 to 9 years of age.
occurs in children between 10 and 18 years of age. This is more common type of scoliosis. And typically occurs in girls.
Research shows that acupuncture and acupressure show good results in treating scoliosis when abnormal curvature of spine is not more then 40 degrees.
Click to read more.
According to Chinese Medical Theory (theoretical base of Acupuncture / Acupressure / Shiatsu) bone health is related to Kidney and Bladder meridians.
The bladder meridian goes along both sides of the spine and contains main diagnostic points for all other meridians in it.
Condition of diagnostic Acu-points
shows which misbalances have created the disease.
Congenital type of scoliosis indicates weak inherited parental energy.
Based on Oriental Medical theory, Kidneys are the storage of energy.
The energy which we inherited from our parents during the conception and the energy which is generated from the food we eat, the air we breathe, the level of physical activity etc.
Assessment of diagnostic points along the Bladder Meridian in Idiopathic Juvenile and Adolescent Scoliosis more often indicates nutritional problems as well as deep rooted emotional issues which children and teenagers experience during his/her development.
In Oriental Medical Theory, Meridians that represent particular organs have respective emotions associated with them.
Click here to read more how emotions affect our posture.
The other causes for abnormal changes in spine curvature:
With the help of Shiatsu Therapy Plus +, these tension patterns in the body are released. This is a very beneficial process. It brings a sense of easy on both physical and emotional levels.
"Shiatsu Therapy Plus +" Treatment Protocol:
- Results of accidents
- Faulty posture during daily activity ( for example during driving a car, carrying heavy backpack on one shoulder)
- Problems with internal organs
- Different leg length
- Other illnesses that change muscle tone
- Checking structural misbalances in hips and spine is the standard starting point in "Shiatsu Therapy Plus +" protocol for treating painful muscular-skeletal conditions. Hips are the base of spine and its balance greatly influences the balance of all parts of the spine - Lumbar (Lower Back), Thoracic (Middle Back) and Cervical (Neck)
- Muscular misbalance will be thoroughly worked through the means of Trigger Points.
- Meridian work (acupressure) will be applied. As trigger points and acupressure points have 95% to 98% of correspondence, we will work along the meridians where the trigger points are located. We will use Oriental Medical Theory analysis as well for evaluating appropriate meridians to work on.
- Sometimes Shiatsu ( Acupressure) techniques and points combinations will be used to work on the emotional aspect of condition. In these cases mayo- fascial releases will be implemented as well.
- Dietary recommendations according to Chinese Medical Theory will be offered.
- Exercises for balancing the muscles will be provided. They are very important in supporting results of the treatments. Practicing these exercises for stretching one group of muscles and strengthening others is the corner stone in bringing stable results, regaining the body's balanced mechanics.
- Self-awareness techniques maybe used during the treatment and/or suggested as a part of self care routine.
"Shiatsu Therapy Plus +" successfully uses acupressure, trigger points therapy and mayo-fascial work to treat scoliosis. Usually it takes at least 10 treatments to bring about stable change to conditions. It can be a complimentary therapy to mainstream Western medical treatments as well as alternative means in case of functional scoliosis.
Shiatsu Therapy Plus+ providing services in Bucks County, PA 484.213.2938